Ten faculty members took part in the first Writing Retreat hosting by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) this week.
The goal was to provide faculty with dedicated time, space and resources to work on an existing writing project, as well as build a community for mutual feedback, support and encouragement for projects.
Participants learned how the Library can support their research. A panel of faculty, who have been successful in publishing books and journal articles, also presented writing and publishing tips.
Faculty research grants recipients from the past three years and all pre-tenure faculty were invited to participate, however attendance was limited to the first ten registrants.
- Jamie Addy, Library
- Linda Golson Bradley, Professional Learning and Innovation
- Tina Holmes-Davis, Music
- Jamie Downing, Communication
- Jehan El-Jourbagy, Accounting
- Whitney Ginder, Management, Marketing and Logistics
- Amanda Reinke, Government and Sociology
- Mimi Rickard, Management, Marketing and Logistics
- Bill Risch, History
- Jim Schiffman, Communication
- Sandra Trujillo, Art