Georgia College, a proud participant of International Fraud Awareness Week (Nov. 12-18, 2017), will be hosting activities to remind students and employees of our commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct in pursuit of our mission to create a more educated Georgia.
Activities during this week will bring awareness to fraud prevention, reinforce the USG's principles of recognizing the hard work of all employees, and promoting our shared values of integrity, excellence, accountability and respect.
Our theme for this week is "The SPRIT of USG." The activities planned will emphasize:
This awareness program is part of a comprehensive Ethics and Compliance Program which includes a system-level ethics policy and code of conduct, on-board ethics training, periodic ethics refresher training, assurance audits, consulting engagements, and an ethics and compliance reporting hotline.
The activities planned for this week are as follows:
Monday, November 13:
- 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.: Meet Your GC Hotline Committee: A Drop-In Reception: Come meet your fellow GC hotline committee members at the University Banquet Room for coffee and pastries.
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Fraud Surveys at the A&S Fountain
- 7:00 p.m - 9:00 p.m.: Movie and discussion with Athletics
Tuesday, November 14:
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Ethics in the Workplace Lunch-n-learn for students, Location TBA
Wednesday, November 15:
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Shred-Fest on Front Campus. All are invited to learn about safe-handling of information while being informed about GC's Green Initiative!
Thursday, November 16:
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Fraud surveys at the A&S Fountain, from
If you have any questions or would like to help with any of these events, please contact Stacy Mulvaney (firstname.lastname@example.org).