Dear Campus Community,
Moments ago, the Georgia Public Health Laboratory confirmed to Georgia College that the test results taken from students that fell ill on Wednesday, February 6 were the result of norovirus. This particular virus is highly contagious and affects the stomach and intestines. Our local health authorities summarized their investigation and published their findings online: http://northcentralhealthdistrict.org/georgia-college-gastrointestinal-illness-investigation/
Please note that there is no evidence that any of the illnesses we have seen were the result of food contamination from any of our dining facilities. As we are in the midst of the cold and flu season, we encourage our entire campus community to read the above web link and learn more about how to prevent norovirus from spreading further.