The Office of Inclusive Excellence will host its third annual Making Excellence Inclusive Day August 12, 2019. It will be held in the A&S auditorium and classrooms from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
The entire GC community is welcome to attend.
9 a.m. to 10 a.m.: 21st Century Workplace and the Significance of the GC Brand: A For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Perspective. We will talk with the experts:
- Lydia Thacker, chief diversity and inclusion officer, YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- Sarah Rettker, vice president of Investor Engagement, Georgia Chamber of Commerce
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Demographic Shifts and the Impact on Higher Education in Georgia
- Dr. Angela Bell, vice chancellor of Research and Policy Analysis, University System of Georgia
2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Choose your session:
- Varying Abilities Awareness in the Workplace presented by the Office of Human Resources,
- Managing Triggers presented by Counseling Services Varying Abilities & Classroom Pedagogy or
- How to Create Inclusive Classrooms presented by Erin Williams Benson, director of Disability Resource Center, University of Georgia
Please register for the event. Registration ends Friday, August 9 at 3 p.m. To learn more, contact OIE at 445-4233.