Class of 2022: Student sees herself growing in the computer industry
Information Systems & Computer Science, Department of Tuesday November 22, 2022
- Where are you from? Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Why did you choose to attend Georgia College & State University (GCSU)? One of the reasons I wanted to attend Georgia College is because I really liked the bachelor’s Computer Science program at Georgia College. Another reason I would like to share is that the International Education Center at Georgia College offered the International Scholarship, which has been a great help to make college life and education affordable as an international full-time student at Georgia College.
- Why did you choose to major in computer science? We all know that there are limitless opportunities in the field of technology. Also, I have been enjoying programming since high school. It surprises me, how technology can make a positive difference in the world in terms of creativity and innovation.
- When did you begin to develop an interest in computer science? I started developing an interest in computer science since 10th grade, as we used to learn and implement basic programs using different languages. Since then, I decided to major in computer science or information technology.
- Who’s your favorite GCSU professor and why? Dr. Gita Phelps was my favorite professor. She recently retired this past July. I took several computer science classes with her starting from the introductory level. She has been always helpful to students whenever they are struggling with the content taught in class. Her main goal has always been to encourage students to develop new skills by doing projects and programs on interesting games or topics, and sometimes solving real-world problems using programming.
- What did you learn from this professor or another professor that you will apply on the job? I learned a lot from her, but the most important thing I learned is to always keep trying, keep going and never give up. This will eventually lead to success and the accomplishment of my goals. “I can see myself growing progressively, as well as professionally in this career by keeping myself open, to grab all the possible opportunities and learn new things.– Zeenal Prajapati”
- What would you like to do after you graduate? I would like to get an entry-level job in my major field to gain necessary experience. I will also consider getting a master’s degree in the near future.
- Why can you see yourself in this career? I can see myself growing progressively, as well as professionally in this career by keeping myself open, to grab all the possible opportunities and learn new things.
- Which campus organizations do you belong to? I am part of the UPI (Upsilon Pi Epsilon) Honor Society and the International Club at Georgia College.
- How did belonging to these campus organizations change you as a person? I developed my public speaking skills, helped people, experienced a sense of responsibilities and fulfilled them. The greatest experience of all is to meet new people and get to know them.
- What advice would you give to freshmen students coming to Georgia College? Keep trying new things, keep all your options open and enjoy your college life at GCSU because this time is not coming back.