Senior biology major Emmy Thornsberry knew her love of ceramics would continue into college. But it wasn’t until October of her first year, when she happened to see a group of community members and students going into Grassmann Ceramics Studio, she decided to follow along.
Eight finalists were recognized for their creative writing during the Margaret Harvin Wilson Writing Awards ceremony held March 12. The top written works were selected from over 100 entries during the celebration of writing excellence. The two top finalists—awarded $1,000 each—said they were encouraged to write even more because of this recognition.
You are invited to attend a Teachers Retirement System of Georgia's One-on-One Counseling Session on May 9 and 10 in Russell Library.
This service is offered to all members within 5 years of retirement, with priority given to those within 2 years. Appointments are required for these individual sessions. Please see the attached flyer to schedule an appointment.
You are invited to attend a Teachers Retirement System of Georgia's New Member Workshop May 8 at 4 p.m. in MSU Banquet Room A.
If you are a new member interested in learning about TRS, the benefits provided, and the resources available to you throughout your membership, then you are encouraged to attend. Come and get your questions answered. More information here.
You are invited to attend a Teachers Retirement System of Georgia's Pre-Retirement Workshop May 8 at 4 p.m. in MSU Banquet Room A.
This workshop will provide you with the information and resources you need to help you map out your retirement plan. If you are thinking of retiring within 1 to 5 years, then this workshop is for you. Come and get your questions answered. More information available here.
Parking Advisory: Please be advised that the university will follow an intersession parking schedule when class is not in session and the campus is still open for business. This includes March 19-23. During this time resident and commuter lots will be open to all valid university permit holders.
During Spring Break (March 19-23), the Innovation Station will be open from Monday - Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4pm. We will resume regular hours on Monday March 26.
Please join us at MURACE in congratulating the mentors and their undergraduate researchers who will present at the Southeast Regional COPLAC Undergraduate Research Conference in Aiken South Carolina April 13-14, 2018.
- Presenter: Rachel E. Brineman, "Sorption of Microorganisms from Aqueous Solutions Using Kaolin Products" Mentor - Dr. Andrei L. Barkovskii
- Presenters: Jacob B. Deith and Rachel Nabors. "Georgia College Compost: Divert Dining Hall Food Waste from Landfills to the Garden" Mentors - Ms. Lori Strawder, Ms. Kristen Hitchcock, Dr. Samuel Mutiti, Dr. Christine Mutiti, and Dr. Allison VandeVoort
- Presenter: Daniel Fall, "Does Test Anxiety Affect High School Grade Point Average?" Mentor - Dr. JJ Arias
- Presenter: Matthew Graybill, "The Cancers that Killed the Confederacy: Southern Unionism, Dissent, and Desertion During the Civil War," Mentors - Dr. Craig Pascoe and Dr. James Welborn
- Presenter: Judie Brooke, "Creating the Black Beast: Constructions of Black Masculinity in South Africa and the US" Mentors - Dr. Jameliah Shorter-Bourhanou and Dr. Sunita ManianAnna (Perri) Olton - Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, and the Ukrainian People from 1917 to 1993, Mentor - Dr. Aran MacKinnon
- Presenter: Cameron Skinner, "Wetland Delineation Using IRIS Tubes and Hydric Soil Properties in Central Georgia" Mentors - Dr. Allison VandeVoort, Christine Mutiti, and Samuel Mutiti
- Presenter: Samantha Strickland, "Gender Insecurity: The Performance and Passing of Lily Bart in Edith Wharton's House of Mirth" Mentor - Dr. Katie Simon
- Presenter: Nicholas Tedrick, "Religiosity and Gender: A Transnational Analysis of Religion's Effect on Gender Inequality" Mentor - Dr. Min Kim
Georgia College serves as the host for the NCAA's first ESports Collegiate Championship this weekend at the Magnolia Ballroom. Tickets are just $5 per person, but the first 50 fans will be entered for free. Action starts Saturday at noon, with the Bobcats set to play at 2 p.m.
Faculty and staff are invited to attend a presentation and Q & A session with Dr. Anthony Ogden, a candidate for the position of AVP, International Education and Director of the International Center.
The presentation will take place from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on Monday, March 26 in MSU Banquet Hall A. Dr. Ogden will deliver a 45-min presentation on the following topic: " The Value of International Education at a Liberal Arts University." The presentation will be followed by a 15-minute question and answer session.
Dr. Ogden's vita is here.
Parking and Transportation Services will be open 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday, during Spring Break.
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application deadline for summer 2018 is April 15, 2018. TAP will waive nine hours for the summer term. Please visit this link (http://www.usg.edu/hr/benefits/tuition_assistance_program) for the form and policy.
As part of its desire to meet its employees evolving needs, the University System of Georgia (USG) has established an educational assistance program, the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of its eligible employees.